Makerversity is Europe’s most iconic and high-profile co-making space and maker community. In the last five years we’ve experimented with delivering a range of public activities aimed at engaging people with an interest in making. We’ve tested public tours, workshops, exhibitions and talks. Last year we expanded our public programme with the aim to engage new audiences, showcase members and inspire the public to make. In doing this we’ve run 3 Material Explorations, 2 Civic Hacks, alongside a range of design activities and making workshops.
We’re now looking to recruit someone with a passion to push this strand of our business forward and place Makerversity on the map as a culturally exciting destination across all Makerversity sites.
About the Role
This position will be based at our Somerset House Studios HQ in Central London with the opportunity to share the programme with other Makerversity sites. The post holder will be responsible for all stages of delivering Makerversity’s cultural public programme: ideation, curation, building partners and networks and delivery. They will be expected to work with an enterprising mindset to deliver a popular and income-generating cultural programme, and to work with the Director to grow new audiences and income streams.
In this role you will:
- Build Makerversity’s profile and reputation to position Makerversity as the home of making and a key destination to learn new skills and have ideas challenged through our public and cultural programme
- Extend reach to attract new audiences and retain engaged, existing audiences
- Generate income and contribute to the financial sustainability of Makerversity’s public programme
- Research, curate and implement an innovative, relevant and varied programme of income-generating and funded events
- Identify and develop opportunities for partnerships with other cultural, industry and educational establishments
How to Apply
Please send a copy of your CV, and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 3rd June 2018 outlining your experience and suitability in line with the criteria, be sure to include any examples of programmes and events you’ve previously run.
Please include ‘Public programme Manager’ in the subject and detail availability to start work. We plan to hold interviews at the beginning of June.
If you have any questions drop us an email at email@example.com