We’re hiring a CEO
About the role
Makerversity is Europe’s most iconic and high-profile co-making space and maker community. We are a company founded by ideas people. After 5 years many of those ideas are becoming a reality and we are looking for an experienced, strategic and analytical CEO to oversee our organisation’s ongoing operations and commercial opportunities, including many in an embryonic or emergent state. You will be responsible for the performance and development of business whilst delivering our social mission. You will be the lynchpin around which our site or city-based directors operate. As our offer worldwide grows, group oversight is becoming more and more important.
Our mission is to inspire and support makers and grow communities of maker businesses in city centres around the world. We do two things:
- Build and run spaces for professional makers, which combine co-working space with clean and messy workshop space, machines and tools. Really what we’re doing isn’t about the space though, it’s about people. Through our spaces we bring together people with all kinds of creative and technical expertise. Our members work together, play together and inspire each other.
- Learning programmes for young people to inspire the next generation of creative and practical minds and increase the diversity within the creative industries. All Makerversity members have the opportunity to play an active part in these programmes and are encouraged to pass on their experiences and expertise to others.
Based from our HQ at Somerset House Studios, the CEO role will lead the senior management team. You will be in charge of developing the organisation as a whole, in line with the creative and strategic objectives developed with an active board of founders and advisors. You’ll maintain control and oversight of diverse business operations whilst being able to sense check and deliver new commercial opportunities. We expect you to be an experienced and efficient leader. If you also have excellent business and financial acumen, people skills, understand and embrace the pressures, challenges and joys(!) of working within a growing startup, we’d like to meet you.
In this role you will:
- Provide strategic oversight and ensure we are aligned with our long term plans
- Work closely with your new team to grow and deliver profitable sites
- Own group level contracts and legal conversations
- Report group updates to founders / the board
- Identify viable commercial opportunities for Makerversity Group
- Lead the development and growth of profitable new business streams
- Oversee and measure our social impact while ensuring profitability
How to apply
Please email Nana@makerversity.org to request the job information pack with more detail on the role and the application process.
Application deadline: Sunday 26th November, midnight
First round interviews: w/c 4 December
Second round interviews: w/c 11 December