Today we’re excited to launch MVWorks, an experimental programme supporting makers, artists and designers, working with technology to succeed on their terms.
The programme offers:
- Funding for an individual project or idea of choosing (we have a total of £100K to support c. 8-12 individuals)
- The choice of a professional coach, producer or promoter to work with you during the programme
- Workshops, talks and crits tailored to participants’ needs, including physical making activities
- Showcase opportunities and access to our network of partners, contacts and the broader creative community at Somerset House
- Access to Makerversity’s workspace, machines and workshops.
What we’re looking for:
A track record of challenging creative or artistic practice that explores the possibilities of technology as a medium and/or the critical implications of technology in the world we live in. This could take many forms.
People who are critically reflective, entrepreneurial and creatively ambitious. You can be at any stage in your career but you should be looking to make a step change in your work and in your ability to integrate your creative and commercial ambitions.
A proposal for an individual project or idea you wish to develop during the programme. Again, this could take any form. The key thing is that your proposed project or idea will challenge you as an individual and make a long term difference to your work.
To find out more about the thinking behind the programme read Ursula’s post on ‘Why MVWorks?’
Entries are open now. Be sure to get them in by Monday 26th October. The programme runs from the start of November 2015 to summer 2016.
Follow us on twitter for updates on selection panel, coach, producer and promoter profiles and loads more good stuff over the next couple of weeks…
For full details, download the application pack by clicking the ‘APPLY HERE’ button below.
MVWorks is funded by Arts Council England and Innovate UK through their Arts and Technology Pilot Programme