A making day for your team
This half-day session is designed to give you an introduction to the world of 3D printing and its applications for the real world. You will explore the origins of 3D printing, the different types of machines and materials available and then get to try it out for yourself. Part theoretical, part practical, this workshop will allow you to increase your knowledge of 3D printing and give you the opportunity to go home with an incredible model of your own head!
“The workshop was a huge success – the laid-back , informal approach was really appreciated and everyone found the team really engaging. The presentation was pitched at the right level and the number of examples of the applications of 3D printing was brilliant. We all really enjoyed being given a tour of the space and the workshops.” – Shilpa Vyas, Director, User Experience, GfK
Delivered by expert technicians with 10+ years experience in digital manufacturing techniques and processes, the workshop enables participants to gain an excellent foundation of knowledge in this area. They will explore themes around personalisation, localised manufacturing and the democratisation of technology and hear about maker businesses who are at the forefront of this movement.
- Understand the origins and developments in 3D printing
- Learn how to use a 3D printer
- Understand the different types of 3D printing technologies
- Learn to utilise the strengths of 3D printing for use in real world applications
- Work with your team to create a 3D model of your head
We run a series of making workshops and can provide bespoke sessions depending on your needs. Enquire below for a quote.
Makerversity is located in the basement of Somerset House and is home to 250+ people which make up 90+ professional maker businesses. We do two things:
- Build and run awesome spaces for professional makers, which combine co-working space with clean and messy workshop space, machines and tools. Really what we’re doing isn’t about the space though, it’s about people. Through our spaces we bring together people with all kinds of creative and technical expertise. Our members work together, play together and inspire each other.
- Learning programmes for young people to inspire the next generation of creative and practical minds and increase the diversity within the creative industries. All Makerversity members have the opportunity to play an active part in these programmes and are encouraged to pass on their experiences and expertise to others.