Makers with a Mission
Makerversity – Kickstarting the fourth industrial revolution.
Supporting maker businesses has always been at the heart of Makerversity. Alongside offering free membership to Under 25’s we now offer a 6 month residency for Makers with a Mission.
What is it?
Makers with a Mission supports emerging talent, extra-ordinary ideas and new businesses taking their first steps into the world. Through this residency Makers will gain access to studio desk space, workshops and machines, a thriving creative community and business support events. Alongside this, makers will get the opportunity to showcase work to the public through our program.
Who are the Makers?
Makers with a mission are value driven. They are looking to challenge society’s ideas and behaviours through the things they make. They could be pushing a social or environmental agenda or using disruptive technologies and manufacturing processes to transform the way we make and consume.
How can I apply?
Please send a written proposal about your project with links to your website / portfolio to Esther@makerversity.org with pictures or videos of your work. Answering the following questions:
– Please explain your maker career / business idea
– How is this idea helping make the world a better place either ethically, socially or sustainably?
– What are your ambitions for this idea?
– How would being a part of this residency benefit you?
– How do you see your business developing in the next 6 months? Where do you aim to be?
– Have you received funding for your project?
– Links to your previous work – Portfolio, Website
I want to nominate someone…
Please send an email to Esther@makerversity.org with your nomination and any links to portfolio / website and a reason why you think they would benefit from free membership.
See our Guidance notes for Makers for further information.