We have a range of workshop facilities, spaces and equipment. Makerversity’s facilities are available to Makerversity members.
Makerversity’s main workshop space has a range of machines, hand tools, workbenches and componentry. We also have our own half bed CNC machine. Run and managed by our in house technician, the workshop is a space where our members make a mess, get their hands dirty and bring their ideas to life.
- Axminster Bandsaw
- Chop Saw
- CNC router 1200 x 1200 mm
- Belt and Disk Sanders
- Bobbin Sander
- Floor and table top pillar drills
- Range of hand tools
- Range of fixtures and fittings
- Bookable Workbenches
Makerversity’s digital workshop provides a clean space for digital production and fabrication. We have a range of in house technicians to advise and support on projects.
- 1300 x 900mm bed Laser Cutter
- 300mm x 500mm Laser Cutter
- Roland gx24 Vinyl Cutter
- Roland mpx90 Impact Engraver
- Cubify Sense Handheld 3d scanner
- Heat Press kit
- Ultimaker, Makerbot and Formlabs 3d printers
- Roland mdx40a CNC Mill (with 4th rotary axis & 3d scanner head)
- Imodela Micro Mills
Roland vinyl cutter
Industrial sewing machine
We provide photography equipment for product shots or films to all members as an additional facility in the Old Post Room meeting room.
- Background set including black, white and coloured backdrops
- Lighting set
- Clamps and stands
- White tent for small product photography
Makerversity’s sound studio is run and managed by sound designers and composers Cassini Sound. The studio and its facilities are open to Makerversity members.
- Vocal recording
- Mixing and mastering of audio
- Audio clean up
- Cassini Sound also offer bespoke music composition and sound design
Makerversity’s assembly space is a flexible, open space which can be used for project building and finishing, as well as providing temporary materials storage for large scale projects. The facility can also be block booked for longer design and build projects both by members and third parties.
- Open access wood storage
- Individual workbench units
- Spray booth
- 24 hours access