That’s right, we are looking for someone with workshop technician experience and a passion for making and education to join our team at Makerversity London.
The role is exciting and challenging and requires a broad range of skills. The successful candidate will be assisting the workshop manager in the day-to-day running of the space and supporting member businesses.
Makerversity is a work space for start-up creative businesses at Somerset House, London. We provide access to a range of fabrication and prototyping tools, spaces, event and learning facilities. We have two sites – one in London, open since 2013 and Amsterdam, just opened!
Our London site consists of 6 workshops, divided as such: General Workshop, Assembly Space, Joinery Room, Digital Workshop, Textile Workshop and 3D Printing Area.
Job title: Workshop Technician
Reporting to: Head of Makerversity Workshops
Working hours: Full time. 9am – 6pm
- Inducting members in the safe use of the space and equipment
- Maintaining a clean and safe environment
- Supporting and assisting members with the use of machines and project advice
- Maintaining and repairing machines
- Installing new equipment
- Supporting our learning team with workshops
- Managing our in-house services to members
- Helping to develop and improve the member offering
Ideal applicants would have the following experience and skill set:
- Experience in operating and maintaining traditional and digital workshop machinery (e.g woodworking (including CNC tools), 3D print, Digital, textiles).
- Knowledge of Health & Safety requirements for open access workshop machinery
- Organised and takes pride in a well-managed space
- Excellent customer service skills
- Confident communicator
- Reliable, flexible and a team player – able to work well with others
Useful but not required:
CAD skills: Illustrator, Fusion 360, Solidworks.
Experience in delivering making workshops.
Experience in design for prototype / manufacture.
Salary: 20k – 22k
Application deadline: Monday 22nd August, by 17.00
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and detail your availability to start work.