About the role
As Makerversity Amsterdam celebrates its first year we are excited to launch a brand new role!
We are looking for someone as enthusiastic as us about our community. That person will make it their job to support, catalyse and showcase all of our hugely exciting innovators. Our member community at Makerversity Amsterdam is full of extremely inspiring and leading international talent. As a snapshot – in just this month alone:
- AVY showcase their plane drone at London Design Museum as part of their Designs of The Year nomination.
- Tom Van Arman and his company ModelMe3D won $250k at the Krypto Start-Up Contest in Abu Dhabi.
- Experiential designer Frank Kolkman won the Dutch Design Week ‘Young Designer of the Year Award’.
- SuperLocal won the Design Academy Eindhoven Talent Grant worth €10k.
- Under25 member Maartje Janse showcased at The Van Gogh Museum and was nominated for the Fashion Makes Sense Award (and hosted a shoe-hack for Adidas top digital managers).
- Crescent Technologies collaborated with Red Bull for the Amsterdam Dance Event with his livestream video footage reaching over 100k viewers worldwide.
So we need an organised, enthusiastic and collaborative Community Manager. They will be the first point of contact for our members and visitors. They will be responsible for ensuring we continue to grow our talented community, improve our service, operations and working / learning environment.
The full job description is available to download below.
Makerversity creates pioneering communities of creative businesses. We provide workspace and making facilities for professionals. We believe in offering people of all ages opportunities to unlock their potential and explore the careers and industries related to making and creativity.
Makerversity Amsterdam is our second co-making campus. Having established ourselves at Somerset House in London in 2013, we took our first big step towards supporting makers across Europe (and maybe the world!) by opening Amsterdam’s home for makers on the Marineterrein in 2016. Eighteen months on we are home to over 70 of the city’s most exciting startups alongside a thriving education and events programme.
The first year of any startup is an eventful time, and our founding team have fostered and developed a great space and community, and we are now looking for a dynamic, personable and organised new team member to become our custodian of the space and to nurture our membership.
- Previous office management or hospitality experience
- Fluent in Dutch and strong in English
- Sense of responsibility and initiative
- Thrives under pressure
- Numerical accuracy
- Comfortable working in a fast moving, startup environment
- A doer – practical, flexible, able to get stuff done.
- Excellent organisational and communications skills
- Good people skills; positive, honest and creates confidence in others.
An understanding and interest in the maker world, tech and innovations is a bonus but not a necessity.
How to apply
Please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday January 1st. Please include ‘Community Manager’ in the subject and detail availability to start work. We plan to hold interviews week commencing 8th January.
If you have any questions drop us an email at email@example.com