We have a range of workshops, spaces and equipment. Makerversity’s facilities are available to Makerversity members.
Makerversity’s wood workshop space has a range of machines, hand tools, workbenches and power tools. We also have our own full bed CNC machine. Run and managed by our in house technician, the workshop is a space where our members make a mess, get their hands dirty and bring their ideas to life.
- Axminster Bandsaw
- Festool Chop Saw
- CNC router 1220 x 2440 mm
- Belt and Disk Sanders
- Bobbin Sander
- Floor and table top pillar drills
- Range of hand tools
- Range of Festool power tools
- Range of fixtures and fittings
- Bookable Workbenches
Makerversity’s digital workshop provides a clean space for digital production and fabrication. We have a range of different 3D printers and electronics equipment as well as a large laser cutter.
- 1300 x 900mm bed Laser Cutter
- Roland gs24 Vinyl Cutter
- Vacuum former
- Heat Press kit
- FDM Printers : Ultimaker 2, Ultimaker S5, Witbox 2, Creality CR-10
- SLA printers : Form 2 and Form 3
- Form Labs curing and cleaning stations
- Electronics workbenches
Roland vinyl cutter
Industrial & domestic sewing machines
Industrial Over locker
- 10 needle Embroidery machine
The engineering room is the place to do metal working. We have a manual mill and an engineering lathe. A desktop cnc mill and various presses and metal benders as well as grinders and cutters.
- Metal lathe Clarke CL430
- Forco Start pillar drill
- Silverline grinding wheel
- Baileigh metal bender
- 10 ton pneumatic press
- Manual Mill
Makerversity’s Podcast studio is run by Podcast PR and production specialists Content is Queen. The studio and its facilities are open to Makerversity members.
- Vocal recording
- Mixing and mastering of audio
- PR & Marketing assistance
- Audio clean up
- Content is Queen also offer bespoke music composition and sound design
Makerversity’s assembly space is a flexible, open space which can be used for project building and finishing, as well as providing temporary materials storage for large scale projects. The facility can also be block booked for longer design and build projects both by members and third parties.
- Open access wood storage
- Individual workbench units
- Spray booth
- 24 hours access