Step into the captivating world of Jesmonite and unleash your creativity with Richard Youel, a London-based Designer and Model Maker extraordinaire. In this one-day workshop, you’ll delve into the intriguing realm of Brutalist Architecture and learn the secrets of working with Jesmonite.
Friday 22nd September 2023
10am – 5pm with lunchbreak
A one day event which will consist of:
– A short presentation introducing Jesmonite and Brutalist Architecture.
– Casting a small coaster, as a first practice in using Jesmonite.
– Designing 3-dimentional Bookend
– Hot wire cutting designs and preparing the molds.
– Casting the Bookend of your personal design
– Removal of the cast, cleaning up and finishing
Richard Youel is a London based Designer and Model Maker. He set up Studio Youel in 2020, after spending 10 years working in the design, manufacturing and model making industries.
On the day of the event guests will be picked from the New Wing reception of Somerset House. This is based on Lancaster Place, following on from Waterloo Bridge. If lost please do call 02037017499
Address: Makerversity, New Wing, Somerset House, London, WC2R 1LA
Please note, Jesmonite can be messy, do wear appropiate clothing